Skip to main content

Good News

Last week we received Ashley's first progress report for 4th grade. With all the medical stress last week I forgot to report the good news.

Ashley struggles in school but every year she surprises us with a great report card and this semester's progress report is no different. Ashley made 2 A's and 2 B's, her B's were 88 averages. These grades are amazing especially given that Ashley has mild inattentive ADD and short term memory issues. Also, Ashley has a very busy dance schedule now that she is part of the Studio 5D Fifth Dimension Dance Company. She is at the dance studio just about six days a week for at most 2 hours a day.

When Ashley was diagnosed with her liver disease, we were told that Ashley would need to be sheltered, that she would need to be home schooled, that she would be delayed both physically and mentally. Look at my baby now, I'd say those doctors were wrong!


Someone once told me that Ashley's fight for life has purpose, that she was put on this earth for a reason. They told me that God has something very special planned for Ashley. As I watch Ashley live her life, I can't help but wonder what great and wonderful things God has in store for her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley's Story

“Although Ashley’s liver is failing, she isn’t sick enough to be placed on the liver transplant list. We were told that Ashley would need a new liver by the time she reaches puberty." Ashley was born at the end of July in 1998, but her story doesn’t start there;her story begins when she was just a little peanut in my womb. At 24 weeks gestation we learned we were having a girl, but our little girl had something wrong with her. Imagine sitting in the examining room, and the excitement of learning you are having a girl, then at the same time you hear the silence in the room when something is just not right with the baby. We were told that Ashley possibly had an ovarian cyst. It was normal and not to worry. But something told us it was more than just an ovarian cyst. As soon as Ashley was delivered she struggled to live. The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice, and she was blue. Thankfully the doctor cut the cord immediately and although Ashley was still blue; she was b...

It's been a while. Did you know...

that Ashley was in the hospital  after Thanksgiving and before Christmas?  She had a bleed. She has varices.  Just a little reminder that she is not healthy and has a life threatening liver disease. that we lost our beloved beautiful puppy, Sarge, on January 2.  It was sudden, shocking, and sad.  We think he had leukemia based on his symptoms.  Not sure if we will ever get another dog.  Sarge was one of a kind and a perfect fit for our laid back, drama free family. that Ashley made the Principal's Honor Roll her 1st Semester of high school while taking all honors courses.  She is beautiful and smart. that Ashley is still dancing for her high school dance team minus a solo this year. She loves being part of the team but really misses competing in her favorite style of dance, lyrical/contemporary. that after a couple years of not having a dance studio to call home.  We think we may have finally found just the place.  Maybe som...

It's Ashley HERE!

Hey guys! It's my first post! EVER! I am soo happy cause I wanted all of you guys to know that I am addicted (slightly HAHA) to the Shaytards/Shaycarl/Shayloss/Katilette/etc. So you guys need to go subscribe to their channels! They're amazing, It's about everyday family life and they post a video everyday! It relieves the stress, and I love it! Its so funny. So you should go watch one! Anyways... I just wanted to say hey! I love you guys sooooo much for donating stuff, before my mom closed the original website. :) And thanks you guys who are still here, watching over me and when I was a baby and sending me packages! I enjoyed them so much! THANKS! I loved them, like they were great. Thanks you guys for sending me prayers and teddy bears ("Shout out to Matthew") (: So guys I am going to post something everyday. Cause' my mom is getting Lazy, and she could pass this on to me if she wanted *Wink Wink*. But you'd have to do the designing, WE NEED ...