Skip to main content

Cookbooks and Ashley - Updates

Cookbooks
First, if you haven't ordered your cookbook please do so soon. As of today, we have 19 cookbooks on order and all but 10 have them have been paid in full. We hope to have 50 cookbooks ready for shipment/delivery before Christmas. So if you are the first 50 people to order and pay for a cookbook, you pretty much guarantee a chance to receive your cookbook before Christmas.

If you haven't ordered your cookbook yet, please fill out the order form found here. We have made paying for your cookbook easy through Paypal. Once we receive your completed order form, we will send you a confirmation email that will include the link to our PayPal account.

If you have any questions about the cookbook, please send me an email at LoveAshley@LoveforAshley.com.

Ashley
In a past post I bragged about how normal things have been in the Johansen house. And for the most part things are pretty normal. If you call ultransounds, bronchio scopes, ear infections, blood work, etc. normal then I suppose things are still normal here.

Ashley's ultrasound went well. We don't have the results yet but I feel pretty good about what I saw during the ultrasound. Ashley's spleen is still enlarged at 16.3 cm, which is unchanged from her previous ultrasound in April. Her liver is still there and still appears to be working. The masses/cyts in her liver are unchanged, at least that what I saw...the bigger cyst is still the same size it was a year be ago. Interesting, the technician called that cyst a biloma. I need research bilomas to see how bilomas are related to liver disease. Ashley's smaller cyst also appear to be the same size and are still solid in appearance. Of course, all of this is based on my observation, and let me remind you I am not an ultrasound technician nor do I play one on TV. However, I have seen many many of Ashley's ultrasounds and I feel verily comfortable that I can read her ultrasounds pretty well.

One thing that was interesting during the review of her ultrasound. As they were looking at Ashley's portal vein, the technician said that Ashley's last ultrasound the blood flow in the portal vein was not going to the liver but was going the opposite direction. Which to me means that Ashley had somesort of blockage in her liver back in April. However, during the current ultrasound, the blood flow in the portal vein was now going to the liver. During the April ultrasound, I remember the radiologist seems to focus on Ashley's portal vein and her pancreas quit a bit. When I told Ashley's GI he never said anything about Ashley's blood flow or portal vein. I am sure it wasn't a concern, which is why he didn't mention it, but I still would have wanted to know. I think I need to work on the communication with Ashley's GI. Overall, I feel confident that the ultrasound will yield no surprises.

Ashley was suppose to have labs/blood work on the same day she had the ultrasound but stupid mommy grabbed the wrong lab script. You know there are days that I really worry about my frame of mind. Actually, I worry that I have lost my mind. Forgetting things like doctors orders is something I have never ever done before. Hopefully this is just a one time thing and it won't happen again.

Ashley has an appointment on December 3 with the pulmonologist about her now 6 month old cough. I am not sure if this appointment with provide us with answers but we have to try. Ashley will probably have a broncioscope. She will also have labs done while we are at the hospital. The only think Ashley is excited about is spending the day with me. Although, it's spending time with mommy at the hospital, she is still happy to spending time with just me.

Did I tell you that Ashley made 4 A's and one B on her report card? If I didn't then consider yourself told. Ashley works very hard to make good grades, with her health, days missed at school, and her dance schedule those grades are fabulous!

That's it folks! Don't forget to order your cookbook. So what are you waiting for...go...go... I said go order your cookbook...NOW!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley's Story

“Although Ashley’s liver is failing, she isn’t sick enough to be placed on the liver transplant list. We were told that Ashley would need a new liver by the time she reaches puberty." Ashley was born at the end of July in 1998, but her story doesn’t start there;her story begins when she was just a little peanut in my womb. At 24 weeks gestation we learned we were having a girl, but our little girl had something wrong with her. Imagine sitting in the examining room, and the excitement of learning you are having a girl, then at the same time you hear the silence in the room when something is just not right with the baby. We were told that Ashley possibly had an ovarian cyst. It was normal and not to worry. But something told us it was more than just an ovarian cyst. As soon as Ashley was delivered she struggled to live. The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice, and she was blue. Thankfully the doctor cut the cord immediately and although Ashley was still blue; she was b

Answers lead to more Questions

In great Ashley fashion, she did very well with her trip to the hospital and recovered well from the procedure. Right now, Ashley is off with her Grammie getting spoiled by shopping. With no one in the house but me and the pets, I am off to my own devices which usually means I have to much time to think, to research, to worry, to vent, to hope and to pray. Today Ashley had a broncioscope to find out why she has been coughing for six months. After getting up at 4:30 am and at the hospital at 6 am, the scope began at approximately 7:30 am. The procedure itself took less than 30 minutes. The outcome of the procedure left me with more questions than answers. We do know why Ashley is coughing, Ashley has a vocal cord dysfunction, enlarged adnenoids and tonsils. Finding out why Ashley is coughing is good news, however, we also learned that Ashley may have other issues involving her lungs. There was 60mL of fluid in her lungs. Some samples of her lungs were sent for a cell count, bacterial cu

It's been a while. Did you know...

that Ashley was in the hospital  after Thanksgiving and before Christmas?  She had a bleed. She has varices.  Just a little reminder that she is not healthy and has a life threatening liver disease. that we lost our beloved beautiful puppy, Sarge, on January 2.  It was sudden, shocking, and sad.  We think he had leukemia based on his symptoms.  Not sure if we will ever get another dog.  Sarge was one of a kind and a perfect fit for our laid back, drama free family. that Ashley made the Principal's Honor Roll her 1st Semester of high school while taking all honors courses.  She is beautiful and smart. that Ashley is still dancing for her high school dance team minus a solo this year. She loves being part of the team but really misses competing in her favorite style of dance, lyrical/contemporary. that after a couple years of not having a dance studio to call home.  We think we may have finally found just the place.  Maybe someday Ashley will compete on a stage again and not